Thursday, May 14, 2015

Current Beauty Favorites

Hello everyone!

So, I have a tonnn of products I wanted to share with you guys. I have had most of these for a while and I just never got around to blogging monthly favorites. I think i'll stop with the monthly favorites and just do a favorites post when I have a good amount of stuff to share. Plus... how do you guys feel about YouTube videos?! I've had a few people suggest it but I'm still just unsure of how to go about it or even if i'd be good at it. I have tons of ideas with no vlogging skills haha. Anywho, let's get started because I have quite a few products to share!

Here's an overview of everything.. 


Let's start with eyes.. I saw two tutorials using this Too Faced Natural Matte palette and this sucker has 5 stars on Sephora's website. I am obsessed with it. I can't wait to play around more with all of the colors. At this point i've only used 3 of the shades. The colors are so pigmented and just.. flawless. These are shades that are perfect for everyday. Then I discovered this $3 elf mascara at Wal-Mart.. this is hands down the best cruelty free drugstore mascara I have ever tried. It has lengthening fibers in it which make your eyelashes look super long.


Skincare is super important to me because I have such difficult skin. It's oily and then sometimes there are these little dry patches.. and oh, did I mention it's also extremely acne prone? I can go to bed with a clear complexion and wake up with 5 pimples. Welcome to my life. Anywho.. a friend of mine recently starting selling Beauty Counter products and so I decided to give it a try.. and who knew.. this stuff is pretty much way more awesome than I expected. The cream cleanser is super gentle for skin types like what I have.. horrific is a term I would use to describe best. I have been using this cleanser with my Clarisonic and I really, really enjoy it. I love how gentle it is, yet gets the job done. I have also been using with the cleanser, a tea tree oil salve by Desert Essence. I got this at my local health food store but you can also get it on Vitacost or probably at Whole Foods if you live close to one. I think tea tree oil has definitely been my skin's lifeline for the last couple weeks. Definitely recommend if you have acne prone skin.

Also, if you're interested in trying anything by Beauty Counter, you can simply purchase anything through the link below:


So far the two things I have tried, I have really loved. Especially something you'll read about here in just a moment.


I have really been impressed with Flower Beauty which they sell at Wal-Mart. I have especially been loving their lipsticks and glosses. This gloss specifically, I am obsessed with. Don't worry, there are swatches at the end of this post! This shade is called Classic Nude. Another gloss I have been loving is Pacifica Beauty Enlightened gloss and this shade is in Opal. I have been wearing this gloss every single day lately. I got mine from Vitacost.


A couple days ago, my boyfriend and I had our photos done for a couples photo shoot. A lot of people bragged on how flawless my makeup turned out, and right here you will find every single thing I used on my face besides the bronzer I used. I was even surprised at how flawless it turned out and how long it lasted. Let me just say, it had rained THREE times before the shoot, not to mention we live in Kentucky and it was about 85 degrees that day.. can you say, humidity crisis? Yes.. it definitely felt like it was 500 degrees out and wouldn't ya know.. my makeup didn't even budge. Now, I did have a set of eyelashes start to come off.. but my face makeup? Solid.

Arbonne primer (the BEST for oily skin that I have tried so far.)
Beauty Counter Tint Skin (obsessssssssssssion. It's like your skin, but better. New favorite foundation.. yep, bet you NEVER thought you'd see the day where I changed my mind, huh?)
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (two words: glowing goddess. Actually I want to add a third word... perfection.)
Cover FX cream concealer (new favorite concealer. It has a bit of a tacky consistency, but still light weight. Also, medium to full coverage.)
Physicians Formula blush in Natural (love this drugstore blush.. it literally lasts all day long.)


Here's a little fun fact for all of you.. I threw away ALL of my nail polish. Yes, you read that correctly. Essie, OPI, Revlon, etc.. in the trash. I actually got rid of a lot of stuff just sitting around that I never used. I ditched all of my nail polishes for a 7 free nail polish. Since I never paint my nails anyways, I was like.. why do I need 30 polishes?! I really only ever wear one shade anyways.. pale pink, nude, pink of any color really.. so I bough this off of Vitacost.. and I love it. I plan to buy more colors from this brand and also want to try more natural nail polishes of other brands as well.


Here are some beautiful swatches for you guys.. literally just looking at this photo makes me think of having a tan, glowy skin, sparkly lip gloss, and beach hair.. ugh, the feels. Need to go to the beach, asap.


I hope you guys don't hate me for not posting as much as I once did.. obviously, it's a work in progress. I feel like there is constantly a lot going on in my life and I sorta stay busy most days and my life is only about to get even busier.. hooray! But, if you don't already follow me on social media, I have 2 instagram accounts: my personal one: michaela_leighxo, and my plant based food & fitness lifestyle one: healthymelon -- connect with me, talk to me, and leave me your thoughts.. I'd LOVE to hear them!

xo

2 comments:

  1. YAY! So happy to hear you are loving your Beauty Counter products! Thanks so much for the shout out. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for introducing me! Love those products and can't wait to try more!

      Delete